Monday, August 17, 2009

Kyrie Eleison

A week from today, life will change again when my sons start school and I start a new job. It's been one "new normal" after another since last November. Sometimes I wish it would just be... but we're not there yet, we're not where God is taking us to.

Often in the last eight months I have prayed for the destination. But God is about the journey. Beth Moore says, "... God will forever be more interested in you knowing your Healer than experiencing His healing, and knowing your Deliverer than knowing your deliverance."

Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding. In all your ways acknowledge Him and He will direct your path. (Proverbs 3:5)

Do you know what Kyrie Eleison means? In Greek, "Lord Have Mercy." ...down the road that I must travel, through the darkness of the night, where I'm going will you follow... Lord have mercy.

In moments of patience, I know had He taken me straight to the destination, I would have missed so much. Remember when I put my license plates on by myself for the first time and it felt like reaching the summit? What if I had missed even that one small victory? How could I have built another on the back of it, until my shoulders straightened out, until my eyes finally met yours?

I'm not afraid anymore. That alone, is worth the journey, no matter how high the climb.

Carolynn

8 comments:

Dawn said...

Girl... day after day, YOU amaze me!!!

God has BIG plans for you.

Blessings!

Jeani said...

God is good. His hand is on you and your family. You are a go-getter, I can tell.

Stephanie said...

That is my very favorite scripture. Ever.

Angela said...

I can't tell you how much this devotional spoke to my spirit right now....We sing Kyrie Eleison at our Church quite often....thank YOU so much for sharing your heart with us, and for the words that you shared...God KNEW I needed it!!

Anonymous said...

Girl, you have wisdom beyond your years. God is definitely preparing you for something beyond your wildest imagination! I am so blessed to know you.

Your Blessed!
Lori

Sara@iSass said...

I never understood this song, now, I can appreicate it. I agree with Dawn, day after day you INSPIRE and AMAZE me.

Boy Mom said...

I always remind my boys, building the fort is much more fun then playing in it. Just enjoy the building.

Best of luck to you and your son.

My definition of luck.

Love
unbridled
creates
kingdoms

I sense a very loving person in you. Let all that love in you break forth to everyone and everything around you.

jubilee said...

You inspire me to do more and be more. I love your posts.

You go girl!