Monday, September 14, 2009

Nobody Puts Baby in the Corner

Did I ever tell you my favorite movie is Dirty Dancing? I saw it in the theater when I was eight. I was responsible for sending our VCR to the shop not once, but twice, because I got the tape stuck from rewinding the final dance so often.
DIRTY DANCING- Final Dance - Watch more Videos at Vodpod.

I'm a fan; I've had a spot in my heart for Patrick Swayze ever since. "Ga-gung... it's a feeling; a heartbeat." Tonight I'm aware not only of his unmeasurable talent as a dancer, actor and songwriter, but that he was a husband, a brother, a son. And a fighter.

At Stand Up to Cancer in September 2008 he said to a standing ovation "I dream that the word 'cure' will no longer be followed by the words 'it's impossible'. Together, we can make a world where cancer no longer means living with fear, without hope, or worse."

Praying for his family tonight and keenly aware the world has lost a treasure, but he will not be forgotten.

Nobody Puts Baby in the Corner.

Carolynn

3 comments:

Sara@iSass said...

You broke the news to me. I am so sad. Like you Dirty Dancing was a favorite of mine and I often say "Nobody puts baby in a corner." Rob is clueless as to what that means and how HUGE it is in the Quoting Movies niche.
Cancer is so UGLY, the way it destroys the body...*sigh* Can you imagine what his Glorious body now looks like? DIBS on first dance when we get there! HA!
I'm gonna go watch the clip you posted then I'm gonna watch it again with my Hungry eyes. And just for Patrick I'm gonna do a little "do ya love me" shaka shaka shaka.

Dawn said...

Wow... hadn't heard that yet. So sad... I always admired him and that was one of my all time favorite movies, too.

Anonymous said...

Hi, I stopped by from Raising Country Kids. I just wanted to say that I love your blog, and will be back! :)

I love Dirty Dancing too. I hadn't heard about Patrick Swayze... that's so sad. :(