- I am saved. I know Jesus. He is with me.
- I have 3 amazing children who I'm just crazy about.
- My family has their arms wide open for me.
- I'm going home to Wisconsin in 2 days!
- I live in the best country in the world.
- I was a part of the best Christmas Eve service of my life.
- I have friends, good friends, for the first time in years.
- I am being carried through the valley.
Did I have Burger King for dinner, alone in my car on Christmas Eve? Yup. But next year when I sit down with my family to a pretty table with a whole smorgasbord I will savor it.
Am I just gutted about leaving my church? You Bet. But when the Lord presents an opportunity for me to come along someone the way Celebration has for me, I will joyfully serve them.
My heart is hurting, breaking, all over again tonight. A dear friend told me that if I give all the pieces to God, He will put it back together. I wear a necklace that says, "If your heart is open it can never stay broken." Right now I'm handing the Lord a broom because I can't see through my tears to find all the pieces.
But. He will use my mess for His message. I will have a testimony from this test. More than all this, I found the real Christmas this year.
Trust me when I say it was not, for one second, about the tree or what was (or wasn't) under it this year. It was not about a bake-a-thon, traveling or photo ops. This Christmas I met my my Savior at His birthplace, a lowly manger... and I have been blessed.
For unto us a child is born, unto us a son is given: and the government shall be upon his shoulder: and his name shall be called Wonderful, Counselor, The mighty God, The everlasting Father, The Prince of Peace. (Isaiah 9:6)