Thursday, February 5, 2009

Would You Like A Sticker?

Thank you Jesus and thank you for praying! I Got The Job, I start next Friday! I'm thrilled, it's a terrific mission and working in an office that speaks the name of our Savior is exactly what I need.

I found childcare close by for my youngest son and daughter (oldest is in school). I can pop in on a break or a whim to check on them, we can have lunch together every day if I would like to! That makes the transition so much easier on me. They're fine. We went to check out the center and they were like, "see ya mom!" I'm a puddle on the inside... in the back of my mind I'm still a little bitter about not having the next 2 years at home with my children like I was "supposed" to. But I remind myself the alternative, the price of that, is one I could not bear to pay another day.

So this will be good for all of us. I'll get to put makeup on and talk to grown ups, they'll get a head start on social development. Plus, let's face it, we all appreciate a macaroni art project a little more when it wasn't our dining room that was destroyed in the process. And assistance in potty training a two year old? I rest my case.

Since I only received $19.00 of child support in January, I don't have high hopes for February; even with my victorious new job, I'll need another. Would you like a sticker? I'm practicing while I wait for my interviews with Wal-Mart and Target for a nights and weekends job. If God hadn't given me humor I'd have waved the white flag a long time ago.

When we first came to Wisconsin I was hoping for a quick fix of my destroyed life. Six weeks later I understand a solid fix, one that's built a lesson at a time, is what will last us. I'm changing habits, thought patterns, our path, one day at a time. I do believe I'm getting ready to see the mountaintop.

The Lord your God has blessed you in all the work of your hands. He has watched over your journey through this vast desert... the Lord your God has been with you, and you have not lacked anything. (Deuteronomy 2:7)

High Five,
Carolynn

17 comments:

Boy Mom said...

Hooray for the job. My Best friend has to work, she spends all the time she can with her children and makes time to play. It'll all work out.

You sound so upbeat, way to go!

Annette said...

That's a big High Five and CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!
You are definetely moving on up... I am so happy for you. I will pray that the x starts doing his part and you won't have to get that second job.

Ron Simpson said...

congrats, my friend

there is a song that runs through my mind .. "He's an on time God, yes He is.."

The Berni Family said...

YAY!!!! I am so excited for you!! Congrats on landing the job!!! One step at a time and you will see things slowly start to fall into place. Kepp you chin up and never lose sight of the goal!! MISS YOU LIKE CRAZY!!!!

Sara@iSass said...

AWESOME!!!!! I knew you would get it. It sounded TO perfect for you NOT to.
I am sorry I just caught up on your blog. I have been slacking lately too. I'm at about 40% addicted. Loved the commercial, I didn't SEE that one. I love the lady in her car! I do that now to get away from screaming at the kids! HA. I liked the potato head tires commercial, she's naggin on him and he hits a bump wear her mouth goes flying off...he grins and she slaps on her "angry eyes". Made me LAUGH! Didn't like all the horse beer commercials though.
I never watched Mayberry, I was Little House on the Prarie and Dukes of Hazzard. Luke not Bo.
Daisy was pretty. :)
Still praying for your brother and his family.
I cheered too for the Flight and crew! Made me cry.
Have a great weekend!!!
Good luck next week with your NEW JOB!!! WOO HOO!
High fiving ya right back!

Growin' With It said...

this has been an incredible journey you've allowed us to watch unfold...thank you. BIG congrats on the job and a perfect one at that. (your song makes me bust up on here). and a second job, ugg. i hope God surprises you with a wonderful provision soon so you don't have to do that. all in all, it sounds like your sweet little family is doing well!

forever folding laundry said...

CONGRATULATIONS!!!! I am so happy for you - and your kiddos! I'm sure you'll knock 'em dead in that job. Here's to putting on make-up every day!

Mainly a midwife said...

Congrats on the job and finding the daycare. I know what a relief that can be..knowing that the kids are FINE. It's easier going to work knowing that they are happy, well-cared for and SAFE!

Debbie said...

I'm so happy for you! A job and daycare. Things are headed in the correct direction now.

Stephanie said...

Such great news. So happy for you!

Stephanie said...

That's great news. I'm so happy for you.

Anonymous said...

Congratulations! I am glad you opened the blog up, too, because I've had trouble getting in over the past week.

Heather of the EO said...

I've missed so much. All of the sudden there were 14 new posts in my reader. I'm glad I'll be able to keep up more easily now. I had thought you weren't posting very often...

CONGRATS on the job. That rocks. So do you. One day at a time...

3 Bay B Chicks said...

Sweetie, I am so, so happy for you. This is truly wonderful news. So well deserved and frankly the timing couldn't be better. Hooray for things taking a turn for the better.

I have to tell you that I thought this would work out. We were in SF today and I came across the Willow Tree sculpture you have displayed in your sidebar. It made me so happy to see it. I thought, things for Carolynn will be better soon. It is just a matter of time.

-Francesca

PS: Did you ever receive the package we sent? I am finally breaking down and asking you. :)

Miss Lisa said...

Yay on the new job! You are such a strong role model for your kids :)
So happy things are getting better and better and better....
:)

Erin K. said...

Woohoo!! I'm so excited that you got the job!

You know, I thought being a working mom would be terrible... and it's not. I do want to quit my job as soon as I'm able to stay at home, but for now, there is much to appreciate about where I'm at. Adult conversation, a lunch hour to run to the store all by myself, and the opportunity to have some quiet thinking time without having to lock myself in the bathroom to get it. :-)

I'm praying for you as you make this transition. God is so faithful, and I know he will do above and beyond what you could ask or imagine. Praying for his blessing and favor to be upon you in all that you do!!

Jodi said...

woo hoo - congrats on your job! Celebrating with you!