Thursday, February 12, 2009

A-Z About Me

Attached or Single? Single.

Best Friend? My sister.

Cake or Pie? My Grams' German Chocolate Cake. Have mercy, could she make a cake.

Day of Choice? Sunday!

Essential Item? Cherry coke. I can say with all sincerity that I am addicted to soda. I quit smoking years ago, nicotine's got nothing on this stuff. If they made a soda patch I'd wear 7.

Flavor of Ice Cream? Pistachio or Blue Moon

Gummy Bears or Worms? blech. My favorite candy is those neon orange circus peanuts. Don't judge me.

Hometown? Madison, Wisconsin

Indulgences? Staying up really late to read.

January or July? July! Summer doesn't last all that long here.

Kids? 3, the true loves of my life.

Last Movie I Saw in the Theater? Australia! Hey Katalyst, want to go see it?? (I've been hounding her since um, December to go with me.)

Middle Name? Kay

Number of Siblings? 1

Oranges or Apples? Apples; citrus fruit makes my face funny, like eating sour candy nothankyouverymuch.

Phobia or Fear? I'm phobic about anything with more than 4 legs (or less than 2)! For sure the big uglies, but I'm telling you even Asian Beetles freak me out. There is no such thing as a pretty bug; even butterflies make me nervous. Big ugly bug in the middle.

Quote? Victory belongs to those who believe in it the most and believe in it the longest. We're gonna believe.

Reason to Smile? I got the joy, joy, joy, joy down in my heart!

Season? It used to be Autumn, but now it is definitely Spring, when all things are New. Of course up here the actual seasons are Almost winter, Winter, Still winter and Road construction.

Tag 5 More I can't decide, if you play along let me know!

Unknown Fact About Me? I wanted to be on Broadway... and I have horrific stage fright. I can only sing at church, for my children, or in the car.

Vegetarian or Carnivore? I'm way too picky of an eater to be a vegetarian; I'd likely starve to death.

Worst Habit? Procrastination and biting my fingers. Note to self: start working on not doing that. Both. Again.

Ultrasounds or X-rays? Ultrasounds! You get X-rays when something is broke. To be clear, I am very done having babies, but oh how I will miss seeing my child move inside my body. Mind Blowing.

Your Favorite Food? Cheese and potatoes any way you make it, slice it, or dice it. All the better if they're together.

Zodiac? Taurus and I'm stubborn as all get out, but I don't believe the hocus pocus of horiscopes.

That's All Folks,
Carolynn

14 comments:

Sara@iSass said...

My middle name is Kay too!
This was a greta post...maybe I'll do it next week...It's good to have ideas though right?
You don't like sour things? Hmm, shame, Sour patch kids are one of my faves that I HAVE to have at movies...
MMMM, you mentioned cake. I must go wipe my face.

Rach@In His Hands said...

I'm a circus peanut lover, too!

Fun stuff!

Ron Simpson said...

A-Z About Me

Attached or Single? blissfully wed to TJ
Best Friend? TJ
Cake or Pie? German Chocolate cake or Coconut pie .. hard to choose between the two.
Day of Choice? Anyone where I am still above ground
Essential Item? Diet Dew
Flavor of Ice Cream? Neopolitan (three flavors) or orange sherbet
Gummy Bears or Worms? eeeyouuuu !
Hometown? Lexington Kentucky .. always will be .. even tho I am not living there now
Indulgences? hi tech cell phone/pda
January or July? January ..
Kids? 7 .. 3 bio and 4 I recieved in a package deal (love them all)
Last Movie I Saw in the Theater? Batman (second one with Heath Ledger)
Middle Name? Craig
Number of Siblings? 5
Oranges or Apples? Apples
Phobia or Fear? Dont like bees .. or being forgotten
Quote? If i have seen farther than others, it is because I have stood on the shoulders of great men. Isaac Newton
Reason to Smile? too many to count
Season? Winter
Unknown Fact About Me? I am much less confident than I appear
Vegetarian or Carnivore? Give me the MEAT !
Worst Habit? Procrastination
Ultrasounds or X-rays? either .. although the ultrasound of my heart .. watching my heart beat .. was way cool
Your Favorite Food? chicken .. crawfish .. shrimp scampi
Zodiac? Libra, but I don't believe my life is governed by my birthdate

Boy Mom said...

I love memes, so fun to get to know people better.

You sound so upbeat and happy, good for you!

Loved the Revisiting Last Times post, beautiful!

Jackie said...

Potatoes are - hands down - the best food ever created. And a cheesy potato casserole? Heaven.

The thought of your Gram's German Choc. Cake has me salivating. Wow.

My sis is my best friend too. :)

Debbie said...

Fun facts about you! I loved reading this.

SuperAunt said...

Attached or Single? Attached.

Best Friend? God.

Cake or Pie? Ditto on the German Chocolate Cake. Mom taught me how to make it, someday, I'd like to share her secrets with you.

Day of Choice? Everyday. I get a new chance to do better!

Essential Item? Chocolate. Anytime, anywhere.

Flavor of Ice Cream? Peach

Gummy Bears or Worms? ewh. See's Chocolates.

Hometown? Madison, Wisconsin

Indulgences? A moment to enjoy the quiet, whether in my car, at home, or in the bathroom. I have kids!

January or July? July! It has the best memories for me. Camping, birthdays, 4th or July, German Chocolate cake.....the best.

Kids? 2, 16 and 12. My sanity is teetering.

Last Movie I Saw in the Theater? Madagascar

Middle Name? Ann

Number of Siblings? 1 Brother

Oranges or Apples? Oranges

Phobia or Fear? Phobia,I have created a wall to protect me from harm.

Quote? "To the world you may be one person, to one person you may mean the world."

Reason to Smile? My Children. I simply love torturing them. I'm not called Satin's Life coach for nothing. (They're teenagers)

Season? Autumn, it combines all the others except frozen tundra.

Tag 5 More I can't decide.

Unknown Fact About Me? I love to bake.

Vegetarian or Carnivore? Carnivore, but if it looks like it did when it was alive, I won't eat it. Whole lobster- no!, lobster tail - bring it on.

Worst Habit? Biting my fingernails.

Ultrasounds or X-rays? Ultrasounds! You don't have to hold your breath.

Your Favorite Food? Grill Cheese and tomato soup.

Zodiac? Leo, I can stand strong, but when the crisis is over I melt.

Growin' With It said...

ahh more reasons why i like you! and since my middle name is *kay* too, well that just does it!

forever folding laundry said...

You crack me up! I loved this. And now I'm totally going to have that song stuck in my head: "Down in my heart..Where? Down in my heart!"

Hope yesterday went well for you!!

~Keri

3 Bay B Chicks said...

Love this post! Love it. Always so much fun to learn more about you...especially now that your blog is open and you can shout it from the roof tops.

I also couldn't be more thrilled to read that you finally received the package we sent. Hooray x 3! You give so much to so many people. You deserve every good thing that life has to offer.

I hope the new job is off to a good start for you!

-Francesca

Barbaloot said...

Your zodiac comment makes me pretty sure we're close to twins:)

Mona said...

Great introduction :)

Mona said...

Great Introduction :)

Growin' With It said...

just thinking about you today. hope you are well!!!